The government says that Covid restrictions in England will be removed as planned on 19 July.
However, they make certain recommendations:
- Wearing face masks is advised in crowded or enclosed spaces and on public transport
- Nightclubs and other venues should make use of Covid passports for entry
- The existing border policy will continue to apply after 19 July such as quarantine for those coming back from red list countries
- The NHS Test and Trace system including self-isolation where necessary will continue
- Avoid meetings in enclosed areas and keep places well ventilated
- They also say that the most important thing to do now is to get vaccinated to protect families and to do things such as go on holiday.
Finally, they warned that the pandemic is certainly not yet over and cases and deaths will continue to rise, so everyone must remain cautious.
Back to news